- Full Time
- Bristol, United Kingdom
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
- Job ID: R23000561
- Full Time
- Bristol, United Kingdom
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
With a salary starting from £12.77 per hour, rising to £15.71 (after 12 months), you’ll work 40 hours per week: Monday to Friday from 8.00 AM to 5.00 PM (1 hour for lunch).
You won’t just be helping us deliver packages; you’ll be delivering our reputation. You’re comfortable planning and prioritising. But you can think on your feet too. So, whatever the job demands, you’ll be ready for it, look the part and know what it takes to play it well. If you can do this, our training will help drive your potential as far as it can take you.
Your general activities will include:
- Collect and deliver time-sensitive packages weighing up to 70 kg
- Plan and prioritise your day; doing whatever it takes to deliver
- Carry out daily safety checks on your UPS vehicle; recording hours worked
- Make sure paperwork is complete and payment processed where appropriate
What does it take to keep one of the world’s biggest and best shipping and logistics company running as part of our teams that delivery on the UPS promise?
We’re looking for someone with:
- A full, clean C1 driving licence to drive a vehicle of 7.5 tonnes or over, plus a good level of driving experience
- Experience in a similar customer-facing role (a definite plus!)
- The ability to work flexibly, methodically and under pressure
- A self-starter mentality with a friendly, can-do attitude.
- Customer focus, pride in appearance (we have guidelines) and professionalism
- A digital tachograph card, either already owning or be prepared to get one
What’s in it for you? The professional challenges, a friendly team, as well as a working environment that puts your safety first. But what else makes this role such a great opportunity?
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major retailers (like Apple), cinemas and attractions (such as Alton Towers and The London Eye), plus many more benefits
- Full training to help you perform at your best
- Opportunities to progress – thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy’
Delivering all over the world, 24/7 means we’re a busy business.We deliver almost anything virtually anywhere in the world. Every package that comes into our care is on a journey. At whichever end of that journey it comes into your hands, you’ll make sure it gets to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there. Because when you put on a UPS uniform and drive one of our instantly recognisable brown vehicles, you’re responsible for delivering our brand too. That means going the extra mile all day, every day.
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Safety, at work and on the road, is your number one priority.
- You deliver packages fast and safely.
- You’re the friendly and professional face of UPS to our customers.
- You roll up your sleeves and you’re flexible, even when things get busy.
- Your customers’ happiness is your happiness.
Future You gets more rewards
Discounts on major retailers
Career growth & mobility
39 Weeks paid maternity leave
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will work.View the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.
You Belong at UPS
We are better together. We are stronger united. We are UPSLearn More