Tech SupportPrimary Location: CARLISLE, United Kingdom Job ID R22029499
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position provides customers with deployment and support services for UPS approved technology products. The incumbent supports internal and external customers and UPS Information Technology (IT) infrastructure. This position conducts hardware and software planning, performs network management and administration, and provides technical advice and training to customers. This position organizes and coordinates activities for installing, deploying, and upgrading UPS approved software, hardware, and infrastructure. The incumbent troubleshoots technology related issues and collaborates with staff to deploy standardized practices and procedures to restore technical services. This position executes implementations and facilitates activities to support programs and projects. The incumbent engages in regular audits to ensure the IT environment meets UPS standards. The incumbent works in multiple locations (i.e., UPS facilities, vendor facilities, and customer locations) to perform deployment and support activities. This position provides support with landlines, cell phones, smartphones, data lines, HDVC and MOVI conference calls, and Private Branch Exchange (PBX) systems and works with vendors, coordinates visits, and provides support for any required tasks.
The successful candidate should ideally have the following key skills and attributes:
• Clean Driving License (minimum 2yrs)
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Professional & presentable manner
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions
• Ability to work within a pressurized environment
• Good time management skills
• Effective listening and communication skills
• Good customer relationship skills
• Out of hours support on a rota basis
• IT qualifications an advantage
Flexibility with working hours is essential for this role due to potential requirements to travel to other sites and weekend work.
• Performs Integrations and Installations
• Assists with Facility Technology Management
• Fulfills Service Requests
• Interfaces with Customers, Teams, and Associates
• Conducts TSG Technical Disaster Recovery Procedures
• Addresses Customer Requests
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.