Operations SpecialistPrimary Location: Castle Donington, Leicestershire - United Kingdom Job ID R22001011
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
SHIFT YOUR HOURS
SHIFT YOUR TEAM
Our Operations Specialists are highly skilled control engineers who head up a team of five in our control room, in a key role that’s 80% hands-on, 20% admin. As team leader, they’re responsible for the maintenance, automation and control of our sortation facility, which is equipped with the newest technologies: TIA Software, Stat 7 software, fiberoptic communications and others. This represents a great opportunity for the right candidate to grow their technical skills, knowledge and experience.
General activities include:
- Managing the work of two engineers and two clerks
- Prioritising maintenance needs and assigning tasks to engineers
- Supporting engineers with repairs
- Inspecting work performed and signing off paperwork
- Advising on facility design and construction
- Providing health and safety training
What does it take to troubleshoot our warehouse systems and keep our company operating?
- HLC HND in automation, robotics or control as a minimum
- BSc. in automation preferred
- Some management/leadership experience
- Strong general engineering knowledge – a focus on electrical with some mechanical understanding
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, electrical schematics and elementary diagrams
SHIFT YOUR BENEFITS
What’s in it for you? The professional challenges, expert team and cutting-edge technology… but what else makes this engineering role such a great opportunity?
- Company pension scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Comprehensive training
- Optional Sunday overtime pay
- Family university tuition programme
- Career growth
- Competitive salary between 45 - 48,000 £ /year depending on experience
SHIFT YOUR PURPOSE
This role is based in our Building and System Engineering department (UPS BaSE), an important area within UPS sortation facilities. Building and System Engineering, an important department within UPS sortation facilities. Employees here monitor, manage and correct technical issues that the Operations team – sorters, drivers, loaders – bring to their attention. Each BaSE team is composed of five people working to keep our facility running at optimal capacity using the latest warehouse technologies. Together, they help us deliver what matters.
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.