Regional HR AdvisorPrimary Location: CROYDON, United Kingdom Job ID R22022248
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
FUTURE YOU embraces bigger and better things.
Human Resources Specialist
Our people have made UPS the largest parcel delivery service in the world. That means nearly 400,000 colleagues worldwide. People who go the extra mile to deliver great service. So we make sure UPS is a great place to work, where everyone is treated fairly. And we look after the health and wellbeing of each and every one of our colleagues. All of which makes Human Resources such a vital part of our business.
Future You takes full responsibility for HR at a number of UPS sites in the Croydon area, handling everything from recruitment and employee relations to long-term sick management. If you’re an experienced HR Specialist looking for variety and challenge, you’ll find both here. You’ll be travelling 3/4 days per week, so you’ll need a clean driving licence. As UPS is a 24-hours-a-day operation, a flexible approach is also a must. But we’re offering a lot in return...
What you’ll get:
- A competitive salary up to £31,000
- Excellent benefits including company pension scheme and private medical insurance, plus discounts at major retailers (like Apple), cinemas and attractions (such as Alton Towers or The London Eye)
- Industry-leading training to build up your knowledge of HR practice
- First-class opportunities for career progression – thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy’
What you’ll do:
- Deal with employee queries professionally and courteously, both over the phone and face to face
- Liaise with line managers to assess recruitment requirements – and decide how those requirements are best met
- Interview external and internal candidates, and make selection decisions
- Perform reference checks on applicants
- Liaise with line managers over disciplinary matters, grievances and welfare meetings, providing advice as necessary
- Enter and update information in the HR computer system, and produce reports using Excel
What you’ll need:
- Experience in a recruitment/HR role – CIPD qualification preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication, admin, planning, organisational and prioritising skills
- A flexible, friendly, professional and confident attitude
- The ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced and targeted environment
- High levels of self-motivation
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
How we recruit:
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
A bit about a big business
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.