- Full Time
- Dartford, United Kingdom
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
- Job ID: R23001385
- Full Time
- Dartford, United Kingdom
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
FUTURE YOU excels even when nobody is looking
Want to work for a top global logistics company with great benefits, but still in a role that suits your lifestyle? Our Feeder department in Tamworth is looking for drivers who prefer to work evenings through to the early hours. We need someone who’s determined to be professional even overnight – maintaining our world-class quality and timing. We’re hoping that’s you.
What You’ll Do:
- Transport vehicles to a variety of destinations, including UPS facilities and UPS customers.
- Maintain the perfect safety of packages while vehicles are in transit.
- Meet all time deadlines whilst complying with UPS Policy Code and appearance guidelines.
- Accurately record working and driving hours to comply with road transportation regulations and pre-trip inspections of vehicles.
- Remain committed to working shift start times ranging between 17:00 and 05:00.
What you’ll get:
- A competitive salary.
- 29 leave days, based on a full-time position (and adding one day at each five-year anniversary period).
- Benefits including 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance, company pension scheme, collective health insurance and other insurance benefits.
- Phone/laptop (if needed), bicycle scheme and discount on your gym membership.
- Professional training to help you become even better at your job.
- Plenty of opportunities to progress and grow thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy’.
What You’ll Need:
You’ll hold a C+ E License. You must be over 21 years-old, have a minimum of two years’ driving experience and be willing to train to drive 'Wagon and Drag'. Full AVSEC training will be provided. We may also take into account your previous auto accident record. Other than that, you need to comfortable working alone and at times under pressure. But you should still be flexible, friendly and enthusiastic around others.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit
At UPS, we treat people fairly. We select, recruit, train, promote, and compensate based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
Is Future You ready to grab this opportunity with both hands? Apply now.
Used the same benefits as most other roles, but need to confirm if these apply to this specific role.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Safety, at work and on the road, is your number one priority.
- You deliver packages fast and safely.
- You’re the friendly and professional face of UPS to our customers.
- You roll up your sleeves and you’re flexible, even when things get busy.
- Your customers’ happiness is your happiness.
Future You gets more rewards
Discounts on major retailers
Career growth & mobility
39 Weeks paid maternity leave
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.