Center ClerkPrimary Location: DERBY / DERBYSHIRE, United Kingdom Job ID R22009964
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
FT Days Administration Clerk 37.5 hours
Shifts – Dayshift Monday to Friday 08.00 - 16.00 (0.5 hour unpaid lunch)
Responsible for general administration duties while reporting to the Administration Team Leader. Communicating with other departments to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
You may be required to work additional hours to meet the needs of the entire operation, including weekends.
Flexibility is a necessity.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible.
- Answer the phone to deal with enquiries or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues.
- Monitor stocks of office supplies (paper clips, stationery etc.) and report when there are shortages.
- Assisting in holiday cover in other departments.
- Regular use of e-mail to communicate with customers and colleagues to solve issues and reply when necessary.
- Re-booking of orders or loads which have missed their booking.
- Comply with procedures and Health & Safety requirements ensuring that your department is kept clean and tidy.
- Communicating any issues, verbal and written to the Team Leader, notifying them of any issues which may require further follow up.
- Ensuring a handover is completed if another person is following you in your department.
- General AD-HOC requirements.
Nice to have:
- Keen and enthusiastic.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Willing to work in a busy office environment.
- Calm and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very good knowledge of MS office.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.