- Full Time
- London, United Kingdom
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
- Job ID: R22012085
- Full Time
- London, United Kingdom
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position delivers and picks up packages to and from residential and/or commercial properties. This position performs in a physical, fast-paced environment involving driving, continual lifting, lowering, and carrying packages. This position practices safe transportation methods while traveling to and from destinations. This position ensures the best customer service through efficiency and dedication.
What you’ll get:
- Company pension scheme, discounts at major retailers (like Apple), cinemas and attractions (such as Alton Towers and The London Eye), plus many more benefits
- Pay: Basic £12.77 per hour PLUS £1.77 per hour (Local Allowance) = £14.54 PERHOUR!!!! Overtime paid at a higher rate
- Full training to help you perform at your best
- Opportunities to progress – thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy’
What you’ll do:
- Minimum of 40 hours per week, plus overtime when required; working a variety of shifts with start times ranging from 7am to 8am and occasional Saturdays
- Collect and deliver time-sensitive packages
- Plan and prioritise your day; doing whatever it takes to deliver
- Carry out daily safety checks on your UPS vehicle; record hours worked and out on the road
- Make sure paperwork is complete and payment processed where appropriate
- Learn and properly execute UPS safe driving methods
- Provide quality customer service
What you’ll need:
- A good level of driving experience, plus a full, clean B driving licence to legally drive a vehicle of 3.5 tonnes or C1 driving licence with CPC/Tachograph card
- Experience in a similar customer-facing role would be a definite plus
- Ability to work flexibly, methodically and under pressure
- Self-starting, team player with a friendly, can-do attitude
- Customer focus, pride in appearance (we have guidelines), professional approach
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs./32 kgs
- Complies with UPS appearance guidelines
- Excellent customer contact and driving skills
- Availability to work 5 days per week
- B1 / C1 drivers (CPC holding license )
- Flexibility for overtime
- Experience in multidrop delivery driving
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Safety, at work and on the road, is your number one priority.
- You deliver packages fast and safely.
- You’re the friendly and professional face of UPS to our customers.
- You roll up your sleeves and you’re flexible, even when things get busy.
- Your customers’ happiness is your happiness.
Future You gets more rewards
Discounts on major retailers
Career growth & mobility
39 Weeks paid maternity leave
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.