- Job ID: 069767
- Postal Code: NW5 3UP
Future you finds the right fit
With these traits you’re perfectly equipped for a Mechanics position at UPS
- Communicator 8
- Efficient 9
- Organised 9
- Positive 10
- Quick-thinking 10
- Team Player 8
- You help to make sure our iconic UPS vehicles are in top condition.
- Your experience and training will give you a chance to shine.
- Being reliable and doing the best job possible are important to you.
- Problem solving is what motivates you.
- You work well in a team as well as independently.
Future you is perfectly prepared
UPS delivers everything from happy birthdays to successful businesses and emergency aid. When it comes to our packages every second counts, so we absolutely rely on you to maintain and repair our vehicles. Future you inspires our feel-good culture.
Keep us rolling at UPS by providing exceptional service as a mechanic. If maintaining and repairing vehicles is what makes you tick, we have the role for you. From light vans up to Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV), Future you keeps the UPS fleet in tip-top condition.
FUTURE YOU is ready to discover the world.
Join UPS and be part of an international network that’s active in over 220 countries and territories. Write your own name in a success story that has gone global.
- $74 Billion in revenues in 2019
- 21.9 Million Deliveries every day to 11.5 million customers
- 528,000 Global Employees
- 2,800 Operating facilities worldwide
A lot goes into ensuring the efficient distribution of our goods, services and information. Future You thrives in our busy environment, moving and sorting packages for our customers.
Future you gets more
Competitive pay and shift premiums
Discounts on major retailers
Full industry leading training
Career Growth & Mobility
39 Weeks paid maternity leave
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Job ID: 069767
- Postal Code: NW5 3UP
How do you keep a business on the move when it delivers almost anything, anywhere? As one of our vehicle mechanics, you’ll have all the answers. When you stop and consider the size and diversity of our fleet, you’ll need plenty of them too. Some you’ll have already. Others you’ll discover as you go. Either way, there’ll be lots to keep you busy. From light vans right up to tractor trailer units, if it’s on wheels, you’ll keep it on the road.
Whether you’re organising MOT inspections or responding to breakdowns; actioning work form vehicle reports or performing maintenance, speed is critical. Because time is money. So as well as knowing your way around many types of transport, you’ll also be commercially aware and highly organised.
What you’ll get:
- We’ll start you on at least £41,558.20 but will pay up to £45,261.20 depending on experience, plus overtime
- Shift premiums/location allowance and a generous tool allowance
- Company pension, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers (e.g. Apple, cinemas) and attractions (e.g. Alton Towers, The London Eye) and many more
- Full industry leading training
- Our ‘promotion from within policy’ means you can go as far as your talent will take you
What you’ll do:
- A variety of repairs and maintenance work on a large fleet
- Based at UPS Kentish Town, London NW5 3UP
- Shift patterns: 10.00pm – 6.30am (40 hours per week), Flexibility required for overtime
- Carry out regular maintenance schedules, complete online records and stock control
- Work as a team to achieve reliability and maintenance targets
What you’ll need:
- City and Guilds or equivalent qualification in vehicle mechanics
- Ideally, experience of working with commercial vehicles including HGVs
- Initiative, planning skills and flexible, enthusiastic approach
- A C1, 7.5tonne license would be an advantage but is not essential
- Full UK driving license held for at least two years
How we recruit
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
A bit about a big business
You have not viewed any jobs yet.