- Full Time
- North Rode, United Kingdom
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
- Job ID: R22017896
- Full Time
- North Rode, United Kingdom
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
To be successful in this job, you will need a C1 driving license as you will be driving vehicles of 7.5 tones or over.
We deliver almost anything virtually anywhere in the world at UPS. Every package that comes into our care is on a journey. At whichever end of that journey, it comes into your hands, Future You makes sure it gets where it needs to be, when it needs to be there. Because when you put on a UPS uniform and drive one of our instantly recognizable brown vehicles, you’re responsible for delivering our brand too. That means going the extra mile all day, every day.
You’re comfortable planning and prioritizing. But you can think on your feet too. So whatever the job demands, you’ll be ready for it, look the part and know what it takes to play it well. If you can do this, our training will help drive your potential as far as it can take you.
What you’ll get:
- Salary range starts at £26,561.60 rising to £32,676.80 after 12 months
- £12.77 per hour, rising to £14.40 after 6 months
- Benefits ranging from a company pension scheme to corporate discount programme
- We have a ‘promotion from within policy’ to make sure talent gets where it deserves
The safety of our people, our customers and our community is our priority. As well as receiving industry leading Health and Safety training relevant to your role, rest assured that we have implemented stringent safety measures in all of our facilities during the ongoing Coronavirus climate. These include contactless deliveries to allow for social distancing, more frequent facility deep cleaning and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on the job and in your vehicle.
What you’ll do:
- 40 hours per week, plus overtime when required; with start times ranging from 08:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday with 1 hour lunch
- Collect and deliver time-sensitive packages weighing up to 70kgs
- Plan and prioritize your day; doing whatever it takes to deliver
- Carry out daily safety checks on your UPS vehicle; record hours worked and out on the road
- Make sure paperwork is complete and payment processed where appropriate.
What you’ll need: For C Category
- A good level of driving experience, plus a full, clean C1 driving license to legally drive a vehicle of 7.5 tones or over
- Experience in a similar customer-facing role would be a definite plus
- Ability to work flexibly, methodically and under pressure
- Self-starting, team player with a friendly, can-do attitude
- Customer focus, pride in appearance (we have guidelines), professional approach
- Either own or be prepared to get a digital tachograph card
How we recruit:
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Safety, at work and on the road, is your number one priority.
- You deliver packages fast and safely.
- You’re the friendly and professional face of UPS to our customers.
- You roll up your sleeves and you’re flexible, even when things get busy.
- Your customers’ happiness is your happiness.
Future You gets more rewards
Discounts on major retailers
Career growth & mobility
39 Weeks paid maternity leave
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.