- Full Time
- Northampton, United Kingdom
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
- Job ID: R22018146
With these traits you’re perfectly equipped for a package delivery position at UPS.
- Communicator 8
- Efficient 9
- Organised 10
- Positive 10
- Quick-Thinking 9
- Responsible 10
- Safety, at work and on the road, is your number one priority.
- You deliver packages fast and safely.
- You’re the friendly and professional face of UPS to our customers.
- You roll up your sleeves and you’re flexible, even when things get busy.
- Your customers’ happiness is your happiness.
FUTURE YOU is part of the community
As a Package Delivery Driver, you’ll be a welcome and necessary part of the local community. You’ll be connecting with people from all walks of life, enriching their lives by delivering their packages reliably and with a smile.
FUTURE YOU is perfectly prepared
Our comprehensive driver training will prepare you for every possible situation. Whether it's road safety, vehicle care or customer communication, we'll get you up to speed.
Future You gets more rewards
Discounts on major retailers
Career growth & mobility
39 Weeks paid maternity leave
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Full Time
- Northampton, United Kingdom
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
FUTURE YOU succeeds at every turn.
To be successful in this job, you will need a C1 driving licence as you will be driving vehicles of 7.5 tonnes or over.
We deliver almost anything virtually anywhere in the world at UPS. Every package that comes into our care is on a journey. At whichever end of that journey it comes into your hands, Future You makes sure it gets where it needs to be, when it needs to be there. Because when you put on a UPS uniform and drive one of our instantly recognisable brown vehicles, you’re responsible for delivering our brand too. That means going the extra mile all day, every day.
You’re comfortable planning and prioritising. But you can think on your feet too. So whatever the job demands, you’ll be ready for it, look the part and know what it takes to play it well. If you can do this, our training will help drive your potential as far as it can take you.
What you’ll get:
- £12.77 per hour
- Benefits ranging from a company pension scheme to corporate discount programme
- We have a ‘promotion from within policy’ to make sure talent gets where it deserves
The safety of our people, our customers and our community is our priority. As well as receiving industry leading Health and Safety training relevant to your role, rest assured that we have implemented stringent safety measures in all of our facilities during the ongoing Coronavirus climate. These include contactless deliveries to allow for social distancing, more frequent facility deep cleaning and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on the job and in your vehicle.
What you’ll do:
- 40 hours per week, plus overtime when required
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday 1 hour break – working hours vary between 7am-7pm
- Collect and deliver time-sensitive packages weighing up to 70kgs
- Plan and prioritise your day; doing whatever it takes to deliver
- Carry out daily safety checks on your UPS vehicle; record hours worked and out on the road
- Make sure paperwork is complete and payment processed where appropriate
What you’ll need:
- A good level of driving experience, plus a full, clean C1 driving licence to legally drive a vehicle of 7.5 tonnes or over
- Experience in a similar customer-facing role would be a definite plus
- Ability to work flexibly, methodically and under pressure
- Self-starting, team player with a friendly, can-do attitude
- Customer focus, pride in appearance (we have guidelines), professional approach
- Either own or be prepared to get a digital tachograph card
How we recruit:
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.