- Job ID: R22019806
- Job ID: R22019806
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
As one of our Vehicle Mechanic Apprentices, you’ll be essential to moving our world forward by helping to deliver what matters. The size and diversity of our fleet means you’ll have plenty of room to develop and expand your skills further. From light vans right up to tractor and trailer units and our growing alternative fuel fleet. You will also enrol on our Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship to equip you with the necessary skills to become a successful vehicle mechanic.
· Work flexible shift patterns
· Expertly handle a variety of repairs and maintenance work on a large fleet
· Carry out regular maintenance inspections, complete online records and stock control
· Work as part of a team with a focus on quality to achieve reliability and maintenance targets
What do you need?
· City & Guilds or equivalent qualification in Vehicle Mechanics
· Ideally, experience of working with commercial vehicles including HGVs
· Initiative, planning skills and a flexible, enthusiastic approach
· Full UK driving licence
· A C1, 7.5 tonne licence would be an advantage, though isn’t essential
What’s in it for you?
We’ll pay you £7.31 per hour, plus shift premiums and location allowance (if applicable). There’s potential for overtime as well which is paid at time and a half. The apprentice programme is a 4-year programme, with hourly rates increasing each year. You can also look forward to:
· Company pension scheme & life assurance
· Full, industry-leading training
· Generous Tool Allowance
· Clean working environment and full PPE supplied
· Holiday pay
· Discounts at a range of major retailers, cinemas and attractions and many more benefits
· HGV License Upgrade Programme
· A ‘promotion from within policy’ that means you can go as far as your talent will take you
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- You help to make sure our iconic UPS vehicles are in top condition.
- Your experience and training will give you a chance to shine.
- Being reliable and doing the best job possible are important to you.
- Problem solving is what motivates you.
- You work well in a team as well as independently.
Future you gets more
Competitive pay and shift premiums
Discounts on major retailers
Full industry leading training
Career Growth & Mobility
39 Weeks paid maternity leave
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.