- Job ID: R22014835
- Job ID: R22014835
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
How do you keep a business on the move when it delivers almost anything, anywhere? As one of our Vehicle Mechanics, Future You has all the answers. And when you consider the size and diversity of our fleet, you’ll need plenty of them too. Some you’ll have already. Others you’ll discover as you go. Either way, there’ll be lots to keep you busy. From light vans right up to tractor units – if it’s on wheels, you’ll keep it on the road.
Whether you’re organising MOT inspections or responding to breakdowns, actioning work from vehicle reports or performing maintenance, speed is critical. So as well as knowing your way around many types of transport, Future You is highly organised.
What you’ll get:
- We’ll start you on at least £32,287 but will pay up to £36,332, depending on your experience
- Shift premiums if appropriate and a generous tool allowance
- Company pension scheme, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers (like Apple), cinemas and attractions (such as Alton Towers or The London Eye) and many more benefits
- Full, industry-leading training
- Our ‘promotion from within policy’ means you can go as far as your talent will take you
What you’ll do:
- Work flexible shift patterns weekdays from 06.00 to 14.30 or 14.00 to 22.30.
- Expertly handle a variety of repairs and maintenance work on a large fleet
- Carry out regular maintenance schedules, complete online records and stock control
- Work as part of a team to achieve reliability and maintenance targets
What you’ll need:
- City and Guilds or equivalent qualification in Vehicle Mechanics
- Ideally, experience of working with commercial vehicles including HGVs
- Initiative, planning skills and a flexible, enthusiastic approach
- Full UK driving licence held for at least two years
- A C1, 7.5 tonne licence would be an advantage though not essential
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- You help to make sure our iconic UPS vehicles are in top condition.
- Your experience and training will give you a chance to shine.
- Being reliable and doing the best job possible are important to you.
- Problem solving is what motivates you.
- You work well in a team as well as independently.
Future you gets more
Competitive pay and shift premiums
Discounts on major retailers
Full industry leading training
Career Growth & Mobility
39 Weeks paid maternity leave
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.