Treasury Finance AnalystPrimary Location: WOKING, United Kingdom Job ID R22015785
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The Intercompany Settlements Group (‘IFS’) is a newly formed group within UPS with the aim of managing the trade intercompany settlement flows for all our subsidiaries around the globe and build a Centre of Excellence within the organization. IFS group is part of the TF team
The IFS& TF Analyst will be responsible for:
- Managing the monthly settlement process, identifying areas of concern and working on initiatives to address intercompany balances with a higher degree of complexity.
- Ensuring the capital structure of all international subsidiaries is optimized, all intercompany funding is in compliance with the arms’ length principals of the Base Erosion Profit Shifting rules (BEPS) and the legal structure is effective.
- Supporting Regional Treasury Centers (RTCs) and providing credit rating to apply appropriate Borrowing Credit Limits (BCL) in the In-House-Bank (IHB).
Analyst will be working with local finance, Cash Management and GAC (Global Accounting Centres) teams to gather all the settlement information, and preparing and circulating the reports for the monthly intercompany settlement process.
For capital structure and funding reviews work with entity, Tax, Legal, RTC & accounting teams to gather information to prepare funding business cases for credit committee review
He or she will work with various teams across the organization to build and maintain a ‘Settlement Matrix’ and facilitating settlements. Involved in IFS initiatives to address intercompany balances with a higher degree of complexity. He or she will also help design and build the framework of the new IFS team.
The analyst reports to the TF Manager and supports the intercompany settlements and funding/capital structure reviews across regions.
- Performs credit rating analysis for all international subsidiaries of the group
- Updating and maintaining the credit ratings database
- Supports the TF team in the calculation of arm’s length interest rates for intercompany loans
- Gathering subsidiary information to be used in the capital structure analysis of the entity, including financial, tax and legal information
- Analyzes funding requests (i.e. capitalizations, intercompany debt, dividends, etc.) received from the Treasury Centers or originated by Treasury Finance
- Supports the preparation of the Business Case which reviews all aspects of the entity
- Participates in the formulation of the proposed solutions in the Business Case for review by the Credit Committee
- Coordinates the Credit Committee meetings and any invitations to other participants based on expertise
- Documents Credit Committee decisions and prepares handover pack for Treasury
- Prepares quarterly reporting to inform Management of capital structure reviews
- Ensures a paper and electronic file exists on all Business cases reviewed by the Credit Committee
- Administrating loan database
- Updating loan and KPI database
Intercompany settlement element
- Identify areas of concerns during monthly settlement process and undertake steps to resolve
- Review monthly cash reconciliation file with cash settlements and foreign exchange rates
- Support internal customers with questions related intercompany balances
- Monitor entities in the ‘Watchlist’ and work on priorities as agreed with Manager
- Help build and document processes and procedures for IFS team and entities
- Look for opportunities to streamline the processes and introduce controls
- Lead/Coordinate some of the remediation of aged balances initiatives
- Coordinate settlement considerations with tax teams
- Advise on Virtual Trader (VT) network setup for new entities/new circumstances
- Coordinate manual I/C settlements outside of VT
- Assist I/C settlements in capital controls jurisdictions
- Review monthly settlement reports and ensure settlement template(s) reflect currency hedges, liquidity requirements, central bank requirements and any ongoing projects
- Ensure all stakeholders involved in the monthly process receive accurate and timely information for settlement to happen
Critical Performance Indicators
- Smooth and flawless monthly VT settlement
- Reduction of outstanding balances
- Reduction of corrections/revisions in the settlement template
- Documentation of procedures
- Complete timely funding review
- Address funding reviews to ensure entities compliant to less than 364 days In House Bank Overdraft period
Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Strong accounting knowledge and expertise
- Knowledge of UPS accounting systems and processes
- Strong mathematical, time management and organization skills
- Adaptable to different software’s and systems and strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of Spanish would be advantageous
- Knowledge of cash management is advantageous
- Two to three years’ experience in a Finance and Accounting role in a large corporate
- Strong financial, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask between various projects, daily tasks and ad hoc requestsHave a structured approach to data collection, storage and analysis
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate to a geographically diverse audience
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all areas of the firm
- Working knowledge of Excel
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.