Treasury Finance and Banking InternPrimary Location: WOKING, United Kingdom Job ID R22025342
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The UPS industrial placement programme is designed to provide you with broad and invaluable Finance and Treasury experience in a relatively short period of time. Our interns are valued as analysts and we’ve created an environment that allows you to contribute new ideas and support the growth of our business through your intelligence, initiative and individuality. We look for candidates with a strong work ethic that can easily integrate into our teams, be proactive and go that extra mile.
In return, we will provide you with support and various opportunities that will give you invaluable industrial experience, contributing to the achievement of your degree, future career prospects and potentially a future employment opportunity with UPS.
- Daily account reconciliations, reporting and cash pool analysis
- Analyse daily bank balances to ensure optimal excess working capital levels are absorbed into the cash pool
- Work with global banking partners and internal teams to open and close bank accounts
- Act as an internal and external contact for banking and cash related matters
- Maintain and enforce general banking controls
- Treasury administration and project work e.g. collation of daily/weekly reports, signatory requests for bank accounts and legal documents, ad-hoc analysis, banking platform administration etc.
Critical Performance Indicators:
- Maintain controls and records for audit purposes
- Assist with the reduction of bank accounts and signatories utilised in EMEA
- Uphold required level of excess working capital balances residing outside the cash pool
- Reduce cash pooling inefficiencies and improve cash pooling effectiveness
Knowledge and Experience:
- Studying towards a graduate degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Strong Mathematical skills, time management and organisation skills
- Adaptable to different software & systems and strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong financial & analytical skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication, organisation, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask between various projects, daily tasks and ad hoc requests
Current Placement Student Testimonials:
“My time at UPS has allowed me to gain an understanding of the varied range of different functions within Treasury. My role comprises of collating a range of reports enabling me to gain a complete understanding of the company’s processes. From the beginning of my internship, I was assigned a great deal of responsibility within the team, who always provided support where needed. On a day-to-day basis, an array of tasks are completed, from ad-hoc analysis for ongoing projects to liaising with major banks. This provides an exciting workflow. The freedom to implement change and refine existing processes is the most rewarding part of the role. Overall, I would highly recommend this internship for anyone looking to gain a wealth of experience within this industry.” Reiss – Treasury Intern 2021-2022
“I would thoroughly recommend UPS’s internship to anyone who’s pursuing exposure within Treasury. Within the role, you are treated like a graduate analyst, which has been fantastic for presenting opportunities to be involved in a wide range of projects and tasks. Examples include overseeing users in major banking platforms to contributions on larger scale, longer term projects. The whole Treasury team are very cooperative & collaborative and always happy to help. As well as gaining and developing specific skills it has been insightful to learn how a global business operates day to day. I would personally recommend this internship for anyone looking to build knowledge and experience in this industry.” Jake – Treasury Intern 2021-2022
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.