Treasury Finance and Banking InternshipPrimary Location: WOKING, United Kingdom Job ID R23037279 Zip Code GU21 6EB
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
UPS Global Treasury PLC
Industrial Placement Year
The UPS industrial placement programme is designed to provide you with broad and invaluable Finance and Treasury experience in a relatively short period of time. Our interns are valued as analysts, and we’ve created an environment that allows you to contribute new ideas and support the growth of our business through your intelligence, initiative, and individuality. We look for candidates with a strong work ethic that can easily integrate into our teams, be proactive and go that extra mile.
In return, we will provide you with support and various opportunities that will give you invaluable industrial experience, contributing to the achievement of your degree, future career prospects and potentially a future employment opportunity with UPS.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today UPS, or United Parcel Service Inc., is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. As the largest express carrier and package delivery company in the world, we are also a leading provider of specialised transportation, logistics, and capital and e-commerce services. Every day we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
- Daily account reconciliations, reporting and cash pool analysis.
- Analyse daily bank balances to ensure optimal excess working capital levels are absorbed into the cash pool.
- Work with global banking partners and internal teams to open and close bank accounts.
- Act as an internal and external contact for banking and cash related matters
- Maintain and enforce general banking controls.
- Treasury administration and project work e.g., collation of daily/weekly reports, signatory requests for bank accounts and legal documents, ad-hoc analysis, banking platform administration etc.
Critical Performance Indicators
- Maintain controls and records for audit purposes.
- Assist with the reduction of bank accounts and signatories utilised in EMEA.
- Uphold required level of excess working capital balances residing outside the cash pool.
- Reduce cash pooling inefficiencies and improve cash pooling effectiveness.
Knowledge and Experience
- Studying towards a graduate degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Strong Mathematical skills, time management and organisation skills
- Adaptable to different software & systems and strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong financial & analytical skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication, organisation, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask between various projects, daily tasks, and ad hoc requests.
- An opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on industry experience with a Fortune 500 company.
- Engage with UPS operations and work with various teams globally.
- Experience managerial level meetings and increase networking opportunities.
- Develop wide range of skills to assist with your final year at university and future career.
“My experience as a Treasury Intern at UPS has been incredibly enriching, providing me with valuable insights into the diverse functions within Treasury. I have been entrusted with substantial responsibilities all whilst working alongside a supportive and collaborative team. Day-to-day tasks are dynamic and rewarding, ranging from conducting ad-hoc analysis and reports for ongoing projects to establishing connections with major banks, offering a unique opportunity to gain insights into the daily operations of a global business. I strongly recommend the internship to anyone seeking to build knowledge and experience in the field of Treasury.” David Zaki, Treasury Intern 2023-2024
“I would highly recommend UPS’s internship to people who are looking to gain invaluable experience in the Treasury sector. Although UPS is a large company it is also unique with there always an opportunity to implement large change in the company, which is highly rewarding seeing your actions make real life impacts. During the 13 months you are treated as an analyst and your daily tasks are of complex nature including liaising with banks. Furthermore, at UPS there is an unparalleled opportunity to learn from and network with senior members of the team, an experience you would not get at other large organisations. Overall, I would personally recommend this internship looking to build knowledge in the Treasury sector.” Fergus Horan, Treasury Intern 2023-2024
“Working at UPS during my placement year gave me an abundance of Treasury experience. My position is in the Cash Management department, and my responsibilities include a variety of tasks that make use of the Treasury Management System (REVAL), Electronic Banking Platforms, and UPS built systems. Being exposed to all these functions has positively challenged me, allowing me to gain a thorough understanding of how the industry operates and what it is like working in a professional environment. In addition, the team is supportive, friendly, and motivated, allowing you to make the most out of your placement year – you will learn something new every day and by the end of the placement will have a solid foundation for your career.” Elijah Aure, Treasury Intern 2023-2024
All applications must be received by: 31st January 2024
(Please note post-graduate applications will be rejected)
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Get Job Alerts
Step towards work that matters.
You Belong at UPS.
We are better together. We are stronger united. We are UPSLearn More
UPS is honoured to earn this prestigious distinction.Read More about Fortune World's Most Admired Companies. (Opens in new window)