Treasury Finance InternshipPrimary Location: WOKING, United Kingdom Job ID R23037324 Zip Code GU21 6EB
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
UPS GLOBAL TREASURY PLC
INDUSTRIAL PLACEMENT YEAR
The UPS industrial placement programme is designed to provide you with broad and invaluable Finance and Treasury experience in a relatively short period of time. Our interns are valued as analysts, and we’ve created an environment that allows you to contribute new ideas and support the growth of our business through your intelligence, initiative, and individuality. We look for candidates with a strong work ethic that can easily integrate into our teams, be proactive and go that extra mile.
In return, we will provide you with support and various opportunities that will give you invaluable industrial experience, contributing to the achievement of your degree, future career prospects and potentially a future employment opportunity with UPS.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today UPS, or United Parcel Service Inc., is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. As the largest express carrier and package delivery company in the world, we are also a leading provider of specialised transportation, logistics, and capital and e-commerce services. Every day we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
- Performing credit rating analysis for all international subsidiaries of the UPS group
- Updating and maintaining the credit ratings database
- Updating monthly borrowing credit limits for cash pooling entities
- Gathering subsidiary information to be used in the capital structure analysis of the entity, including financial, tax and legal information
- Assisting in the completion of capital structures funding business cases and addressing Interco corrections and settlement issues
- Recording and archiving all business cases reviewed by the Credit Committee
- Administrating the loan database, updating the cash position and KPI monitoring tool
- Assisting in the completion of monthly data extraction, analysis and reporting tasks
- Maintaining controls and records for audit purposes
- Treasury administration
- Ad hoc tasks and projects
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Studying towards an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance related
- Strong numerical, financial & analytical skills, and a good attention to detail
- Adaptable to different software & systems, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Effective communication, interpersonal, organisation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask between various projects and daily ad hoc requests
- Opportunity to gain valuable hands-on industry experience with a Fortune 500 company
- Engage with UPS operations, and work with various teams globally
- Experience managerial level meetings, and increase networking opportunities
- Improve your presentation and professional skills
- Develop a wide range of skills to assist with your post-university career
CURRENT PLACEMENT STUDENT TESTIMONIAL
“In this role, you will develop your ability to work accurately and in a timely manner. The role has a very tangible impact at UPS, and it does not feel like you are ‘just the intern’. By working with people across the world, you gain a better understanding of the various business segments of UPS as well as trends in other countries.
This role has allowed me to develop a set of skills that will be extremely valuable to my future studies and career. The team is friendly and supportive, always happy to answer any questions or work with you on any tasks.
I have learnt new processes and had the chance to become more competent with Excel in a professional setting. It has been fascinating understanding the reasoning behind certain business decisions, and I have no doubt that my experiences have made me a more well-rounded individual with highly valued competencies.”
(Hayyan – Treasury Finance Placement Student 2023-2024)
All applications must be received by: 31st January 2024
(Please note post-graduate applications will be rejected)
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Get Job Alerts
Step towards work that matters.
You Belong at UPS.
We are better together. We are stronger united. We are UPSLearn More
UPS is honoured to earn this prestigious distinction.Read More about Fortune World's Most Admired Companies. (Opens in new window)